Saturday, 9 November 2013

My take on: INFINITYGLASS by Myra McEntire



4 Stars.

Also find this review on GoodReads and BookLikes.

Way to finish a series!

Mostly in trilogies we've noticed the order goes from Awesome to Awful, mostly last books disappoint us but not here. Nuh-uh.

In Hourglass series the case was completely opposite. Hourglass, the first one was an okay to good book with a very different concept but it just didn't do the trick, there was something missing. But a friend told me to continue the series and read the 2nd book, Timepiece, so I did. And it was bloody amazing. It was narrated by a different character - who also is my favourite in the series. Kaleb <3 
So, of course I was very excited to read the third book which again saw a change of narrator in a different setting which involved crossover of the previous characters towards the end. I was a bit sad about this in the beginning but Ms. McEntire made up for it. Once I got engaged in the book, I didn't even think about others even for a second. 

I am shocked that I loved this book.

I can't believe it, it's been so long since I've actually loved a YA book. This book was simple – good characters, solid plot, cute love story, well planned climax, great ending. There, that’s all it takes to write a valuable YA book and Infinityglass delivered on every level. A teeny tiny thing that I did not like was the writing. It’s fairly good but in some places, especially where the characters tried to describe an event, the language and phrases jumped out at me, they didn't seem very refined. 

Infinityglass is not an explosion of a book which will make you forget everything in the world. It’s plain and simple yet very charming. Same as its 2nd book, Timepiece. I read it long back so I can’t pick which one I liked more but if I ever re-read it, I think I would pick that one because….it’s Kaleb. Come one, guys. It’s Kaleb we’re talking about.

The concept of this series is so weirdly different and when I first read the book I was scared if the author would be able to carry it out properly, turns out, she could but I think she trie, she can create a bigger universe using this subject because I swear, it is very offbeat, it resembles X-Men a little bit but it still is very distinctive on its own and it has the capability of turning into something far bigger and better.

At the end, I recommend this series to all of you who are hunting for a light, fluffy YA series to read because it’s very hard to find one in today’s date.

No comments:

Post a Comment